Progressive Majority Washington won big in the August 21, 2007 Primary. Of 12 contested primary campaigns, they only lost 1. Now on to November.
As Dean Nielson, Progressive Majority’s Washington State Director, reported on the Progressive Majority website, they had a “great day“.
One of their biggest victories was that of Brian Sullivan, running for the Snohomish County Council. He beat the conservative Democratic incumbent and is now the favorite to win in the November General Election because the District leans strongly Democratic.
Sullivan’s victory was important because it swings the majority of the Snohomish County Council away from a conservative majority to a progressive majority.
Another Progressive Majority candidate for the Snohomish County Council, Mike Cooper, is also on the November ballot. He is a former Washington State Legislator who previously ran for Washington State Lands Commissioner.
Another big winner was Bill Sherman who won the democratic nomination for King County Prosecuting Attorney.
Progressive Majority’s endorsed candidates who won August 21, 2007 Primary are:
John Lovick – Snohomish County Sheriff
Brian Sullivan – Snohomish County Council #1
Bob Kelly – Whatcom County Council
Dan McShane – Bellingham Mayor
Maureen Judge – Mercer Island City Council #3
Terry Scott – Shoreline City Council #6
Marilyn Strickland – Tacoma City Council #8
Ron Bonlender – Yakima City Council #3
Gael Tarleton – Seattle Port Commission #2
Alec Fisken – Seattle Port Commissioner #5
Bill Sherman – King County Prosecuting Attorney
Other Progressive Majority endorsed candidates on the November 6, 2007 ballot:
Keri Andrews – Bellevue City Council #7
Mike Cooper – Snohomish County Council #3
Ken Mann – Whatcom County Council #2B
Barry Peters – Bainbridge Island City Council #1
Adrienne Fraley-Monillas – Edmonds City Council #5
Strom Peterson – Edmonds City Council #7
David Stemp – Fircrest City Council #3
Russ Olsen – Lacey City Council #1
Suzanne Quigley – Lake Stevens City Council #5
Bruce Bassett – Mercer Island City Council #5
Mia Gregerson – Sea Tac City Council #7
Terry Scott – Shoreline City Council #6
Rose Ehart – University Place City Council #6
Chase Gallagher – Shelton Finance Commissioner
Sili Gallagher – Highline School Board #1
Maren Norton – Shoreline School Board #4
To learn more about the candidates that didn’t yet have a website as well as those that do you can go to Progressive Majority’s national page of 2007 endorsed candidates.
- Musical Chairs in Washington’s 48th LD races
- Targeting Democratic Voters to Win in the 2014 US Senate Races
- Tax Exemption Transparency and Accountability Act Filed with State Legislature
- Why Eyman’s 1/3 Constitutional Vote Proposal is Bad for Washington Taxpayers
- Democrats and the Issues Facing our Nation – Do they Have the Answers?
Tags2008 Elections August 18 2009 Primary Barack Obama BIAW Bush campaign disclosure campaign finance Chris Gregoire congress Democrats Dino Rossi elections endorsements fuel efficiency standards George Bush global warming Governor Gregoire Hillary Clinton I-1033 Ingraham High School initiative 1033 Initiative 1053 initiatives John McCain King County Democrats No on 1033 No on I-1033 Peter Goldmark Presidential election Property Taxes Public Disclosure Commission Republicans Save the Trees - Seattle Seattle City Council Seattle School Board Seattle School District Senator Cantwell Tim Eyman Trees Urban Forestry US Senate US Supreme Court Washington State Washington State Legislature Washington State Supreme Court
- Robert Reich at Town Hall September 27th
- Amicus Brief to State Supreme Court: New Revenue Needed to Meet McCleary Requirements
- Save the Date: December 12th for Budget Matters 2014
- More Evidence Suggests Tackling Child Poverty Best Thing to Do for Our Kids
- Paul Ryan’s Anti-Poverty Plan Would Have Devastating Impact in Washington State
- State’s editorial boards continue to call on lawmakers to make “difficult choices” – without saying what those choices should be
- School districts across Washington State lead a revolt against failed federal policies
- Washington State Supreme Court agrees to hear constitutional challenge to I-1240
- Lauren Bacall: 1924-2014
- Robin Williams, a legend: 1951-2014