MajorityRules Blog is about democracy, both it’s strengths and weakness. It is a call to action. It is a voice for progressive issues.
Steve Zemke is the principal blogger for Majority Rules. Steve lives in Seattle, Washington in the Northwest United States.
Steve also is the Director of Tax Sanity which is working to close tax loopholes and for progressive tax reform in Washington State and nationally. Tax Sanity’s website is www.taxsanity.org . They also have a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TaxSanity?ref=hl
Steve is also the Chair of Save the Trees-Seattle. They have a facebook page called Friends of Seattle’s Urban Forests which can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Seattles-Urban-Forest/242265579134563?ref=hl. they are working to increase protection for trees and Seattle’s urban forest.
He is a past Co-Chair of the Legislative Action Committee of the King County Democrats as well as a past Chair of the King County Democrats in Washington State. He is still active in Democratic politics.
Steve has been involved in a number of statewide initiative campaigns in Washington State. These include:
Initiative-325 – Nuclear Safeguards Initiative
Initiative 61 – Returnable Beverage Container Initiative
Initiative 394 – the Don’t Bankrupt Washington Campaign to control WPPSS spending
Initiative 97 – Toxics Cleanup Campaign
Initiative 99 -for a Presidential Primary in Washington State
Initiative 547 – Keep Washington Liveable – for a Growth Management Act
Initiative 688 – Paycheck Protection Coalition for a minimum wage indexed to inflation
Tags2008 Elections August 18 2009 Primary Barack Obama BIAW Bush campaign disclosure campaign finance Chris Gregoire congress Democrats Dino Rossi elections endorsements fuel efficiency standards George Bush global warming Governor Gregoire Hillary Clinton I-1033 Ingraham High School initiative 1033 Initiative 1053 initiatives John McCain King County Democrats No on 1033 No on I-1033 Peter Goldmark Presidential election Property Taxes Public Disclosure Commission Republicans Save the Trees - Seattle Seattle City Council Seattle School Board Seattle School District Senator Cantwell Tim Eyman Trees Urban Forestry US Senate US Supreme Court Washington State Washington State Legislature Washington State Supreme Court
- Revenue Forecast Shows it’s Time to Get Real: We Can’t Cut our Way to McCleary
- Statement on Recommendations to Reduce Carbon Emissions in Washington State
- Addressing Hunger in Washington State
- Investing in Two Generations for a Poverty-Free Future
- New Revenue Would Be Needed to Fund Class Size Initiative
- President Obama pledges to treat more new Americans with dignity in immigration speech
- Bill intended to force construction of Keystone XL pipeline fails to advance in U.S. Senate
- Class size initiative now has 18,000+ vote lead; Snohomish swings back into yes column
- North Korea releases imprisoned Americans Kenneth Bae and Matthew Miller
- Initiative to lower class sizes in Washington now passing by a slim margin