MajorityRules Blog is about democracy, both it’s strengths and weakness. It is a call to action. It is a voice for progressive issues.
Steve Zemke is the principal blogger for Majority Rules. Steve lives in Seattle, Washington in the Northwest United States.
Steve also is the Director of Tax Sanity which is working to close tax loopholes and for progressive tax reform in Washington State and nationally. Tax Sanity’s website is www.taxsanity.org . They also have a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TaxSanity?ref=hl
Steve is also the Chair of Save the Trees-Seattle. They have a facebook page called Friends of Seattle’s Urban Forests which can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Seattles-Urban-Forest/242265579134563?ref=hl. they are working to increase protection for trees and Seattle’s urban forest.
He is a past Co-Chair of the Legislative Action Committee of the King County Democrats as well as a past Chair of the King County Democrats in Washington State. He is still active in Democratic politics.
Steve has been involved in a number of statewide initiative campaigns in Washington State. These include:
Initiative-325 – Nuclear Safeguards Initiative
Initiative 61 – Returnable Beverage Container Initiative
Initiative 394 – the Don’t Bankrupt Washington Campaign to control WPPSS spending
Initiative 97 – Toxics Cleanup Campaign
Initiative 99 -for a Presidential Primary in Washington State
Initiative 547 – Keep Washington Liveable – for a Growth Management Act
Initiative 688 – Paycheck Protection Coalition for a minimum wage indexed to inflation
- Musical Chairs in Washington’s 48th LD races
- Targeting Democratic Voters to Win in the 2014 US Senate Races
- Tax Exemption Transparency and Accountability Act Filed with State Legislature
- Why Eyman’s 1/3 Constitutional Vote Proposal is Bad for Washington Taxpayers
- Democrats and the Issues Facing our Nation – Do they Have the Answers?
Tags2008 Elections August 18 2009 Primary Barack Obama BIAW Bush campaign disclosure campaign finance Chris Gregoire congress Democrats Dino Rossi elections endorsements fuel efficiency standards George Bush global warming Governor Gregoire Hillary Clinton I-1033 Ingraham High School initiative 1033 Initiative 1053 initiatives John McCain King County Democrats No on 1033 No on I-1033 Peter Goldmark Presidential election Property Taxes Public Disclosure Commission Republicans Save the Trees - Seattle Seattle City Council Seattle School Board Seattle School District Senator Cantwell Tim Eyman Trees Urban Forestry US Senate US Supreme Court Washington State Washington State Legislature Washington State Supreme Court
- Robert Reich at Town Hall September 27th
- Amicus Brief to State Supreme Court: New Revenue Needed to Meet McCleary Requirements
- Save the Date: December 12th for Budget Matters 2014
- More Evidence Suggests Tackling Child Poverty Best Thing to Do for Our Kids
- Paul Ryan’s Anti-Poverty Plan Would Have Devastating Impact in Washington State
- Tim Eyman wants $2.2 million for statewide initiative to repeal $15/hour minimum wage
- State’s editorial boards continue to call on lawmakers to make “difficult choices” – without saying what those choices should be
- School districts across Washington State lead a revolt against failed federal policies
- Washington State Supreme Court agrees to hear constitutional challenge to I-1240
- Lauren Bacall: 1924-2014