Here is a list of articles and editorials giving reasons why to VOTE NO on TIM EYMAN’S INITIATIVE-1185:
Budget and Policy Center – Six Reasons Why Supermajority Requirements to Raise Taxes Are a Bad Idea
Washington Budget and Policy Center – Supermajority Law’s Damaging Legacy: I-1185 Would Renew A Policy That Has Eliminated Jobs and Thwarted Economic Recovery in Washington State http://budgetandpolicy.org/reports/supermajority-laws-damaging-legacy
SeattlePI.com - Chamber – Surprise ‘no’ to Eyman Initiative http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2012/09/12/chamber-surprise-no-to-eyman-initiative/
The News Tribune - I-1185 Voters: Don’t also Expect more state services
Northwest Progressive Institute - Initiative 1185 – an Attack on Democracy
Everett Herald – Vote No on Eyman’s I-1185
Crosscut – I-1185: Will the Circle be unbroken on Eyman tax measures?
The Daily World – Endorsements-”No” on 1185 & 502, yes on gay marriage“- http://thedailyworld.com/sections/opinion/columnist/endorsements-%E2%80%94-%E2%80%9Cno%E2%80%9D-1185-502-%E2%80%9Cyes%E2%80%9D-gay-marriage.html
Majority Rules – Corporate Oil and Beer Profits Fuel Eyman’s I-1185 Signature Drive http://www.majorityrules.org/2012/06/corporate-oil-and-beer-profits-fuel-eymans-i-1185-signature-drive.html
Permanent Defense – complete text of King County Superior Court Judge Bruce Heller’s decision in LEV v. State, the lawsuit filed by teachers, parents, and lawmakers against Tim Eyman’s Initiaive 1053.
- Tim Eyman’s Libertarian Vision for Washington State
- Senator Warren says give students same break as banks
- King County Parks Levy on August 6, 2013 Ballot
- Seattle City Council Unamiously Passes Updated Street Tree Ordinance
- Let the Seattle City Council know you support the Updated Street Tree Ordinance!
Tags2008 Elections August 18 2009 Primary Barack Obama BIAW Bush campaign disclosure campaign finance Chris Gregoire congress Democrats Dino Rossi elections endorsements fuel efficiency standards George Bush global warming Governor Gregoire Hillary Clinton I-1033 Ingraham High School initiative 1033 Initiative 1053 initiatives John McCain King County Democrats No on 1033 No on I-1033 Peter Goldmark Presidential election Property Taxes Public Disclosure Commission Republicans Save the Trees - Seattle Seattle City Council Seattle School Board Seattle School District Senator Cantwell Tim Eyman Trees Urban Forestry US Senate US Supreme Court Washington State Washington State Legislature Washington State Supreme Court
- The “Tim Eyman Memorial Bridge” meme: Why it got started, why it’s taken off
- Inslee: We have a plan for making I-5′s Skagit River Bridge driveable again by mid-June
- Time to give the failed I-5 Skagit River span a new name: The Tim Eyman Memorial Bridge
- Hurray for Amtrak! Third daily Cascades train between Seattle and Bellingham is coming
- Governor Inslee: Repair of collapsed I-5 Skagit River Bridge is estimated at $15 million