Saturday Feb. 9, 2008 at 1 P.M. is caucus day in Washington state. Hillary Clinton is coming to Washington State tomorrow, Thursday Feb 7, 2008. Barack and Michele Obama are coming Friday Feb. 8, 2008 . And Bill Clinton is going to Maine which has a caucus on Sunday.
Neil Modie at the Seattle PI has a good roundup of the frantic scheduling that is going on now that the Presidential race is focusing on Washington State which has the largest block of delegates of the states that vote or caucus on Saturday.
Washington State has 97 Democratic delegates to be selected. Nebraska with 31 Democratic delegates also caucuses on Saturday. Louisiana with 67 Democratic delegates and the Virgin Islands with 9 Democratic delegates will have presidential primaries.
Hillary Clinton will have a free event open to the public at Pier 60 on the Seattle Waterfront starting at 8 P.M. to 10 P.M. The address is 2431 E Marginal Way S.
Modie’s article says her tentative plans include being in Tacoma on Friday morning and also Spokane.
Barack Obama has scheduled a free rally for Friday at 11:00 AM at Seattle’s Key Arena.
His wife, Michelle Obama, will be speaking at a free event in Spokane at 4 P.M. at the FOX Theater, 1001 Sprague St. Doors open at 3 P.M.
Republicans will select half of their delegates on Saturday at caucuses and half based on the results of the Presidential Primary scheduled for Tuesday Feb. 19, 2008. The Democrats will use the precinct caucuses on Saturday to select delegates and ignore the Primary results.
To find where your caucus meets on Saturday go to:
- Tax Sanity Pushes for a Tax Expenditure Budget for Increased Accountability and Transparency
- Let’s fix our unfair tax system in Washington State
- Republicans in Congress Wage War on Poor by Opposing Raising the Minimum Wage
- Tell Your Legislators and Governor Inslee You Support Closing Tax Loopholes!
- Vote “Maintain” on Five Eyman “Tax Advisory Votes”
Tags2008 Elections August 18 2009 Primary Barack Obama BIAW Bush campaign disclosure campaign finance Chris Gregoire congress Democrats Dino Rossi elections endorsements fuel efficiency standards George Bush global warming Governor Gregoire Hillary Clinton I-1033 Ingraham High School initiative 1033 Initiative 1053 initiatives John McCain King County Democrats No on 1033 No on I-1033 Peter Goldmark Presidential election Property Taxes Public Disclosure Commission Republicans Save the Trees - Seattle Seattle City Council Seattle School Board Seattle School District Senator Cantwell Tim Eyman Trees Urban Forestry US Senate US Supreme Court Washington State Washington State Legislature Washington State Supreme Court
- Right-wing think tanks plotting Eymanesque campaign against our cities and counties
- Steve Sarkisian abandons his players and Husky football for USC’s top coaching job
- Theft of Victoria Clipper IV demonstrates the need for stronger port security
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013!
- Pope Francis denounces income inequality and greed in new apostolic exhortation