Peter Goldmark is the dark horse Democratic candidate charging ahead in Washington State’s 5th Congressional District. A new poll by Lake Research Partners may be a surprise to some but not to those who have met Peter. It says Goldmark can win the 5th Congressional District Seat.
Posted yesterday on Daily Kos by peagreen and posted today on Washblog by switzerblog is part of the summary of Goldmark’s recent poll that confirms what I have long been saying. Peter Goldmark can win the 5th Congressional District in Washington. He can defeat Cathy McMorris.
He is the dark horse candidate charging ahead. But he needs our help. Read below and then click on ActBlue today to make a contribution today.
Here’s the poll:
*In the initial ballot, incumbent McMorris receives less than a majority of the vote against Goldmark despite a vast name recognition advantage. After both candidates get their messages out, Goldmark pulls into a virtual tie with McMorris–37% for Goldmark to 39% for McMorris.
*Bush’s favorability rating is only 44% (very or somewhat favorable) versus 53% (very or somewhat unfavorable) with a plurality (42%) giving him a very unfavorable rating, making Bush a liability for McMorris in the district.
*McMorris’ own job performance rating is low. Just 44% rate McMorris’ job rating as good or excellent versus 47% who say it is just fair or poor, for a net negative job performance rating (-3%).
*McMorris has certainly not sealed the deal on her reelection, as just 38% are ready to re-elect her. The remaining 62% of the electorate would consider voting for someone else (24%), vote to replace McMorris (20%), or aren’t sure (18%). These findings are based on 400 completed interviews with a random sample of likely November 2006 voters. Interviews were conducted from July 20-23, 2006. Sampling error is +/- 4.9%.
It’s key of course for Goldmark to get his message out. That’s why it’s important that you contribute today to help him get his message out. There is nothing worse that on election day to say, “If only we had helped a little more, Goldmark would have won.” You can do something today.
We know now that he can win. Go to his campaign website at Vote Peter Goldmark to read more about his campaign. Contribute at MajorityRulesBlog ActBlue now.